Thursday, April 16, 2009

Moving Right Along

As of today we are 21 weeks! One more week and I will officially be 5 months. Yes! I feel the baby every day now. Chris can feel him every once and awhile. It's hard to guess when he's about to give a good, swift kick. Sometimes when he's moving around I'll tell Chris to come put his hand on my stomach, or I'll put my hand on my stomach, and he'll just stop moving. He must be a little shy. Either that or we're invading his privacy. Haha! Apparently he can taste what I'm eating now so I'm trying to make sure I eat lots of fruits and veggies. For his sake and mine. Between my last two doctor appointments I gained 10 pounds! They were only a month apart! So I'm hoping that doesn't become a trend.

We hope you all had a blessed Easter. We were able to see Chris' family on Easter Saturday at his Granny's 80th birthday and on Easter Sunday we saw some of my family. It was a good weekend! Tomorrow we're going to Pflugerville to celebrate the little girl of Chris' cousin turning one! They grow up so fast! And speaking of family, I would like to give a shout out to my Aunt Angela. THANK YOU for the maternity clothes!

I don't have any pictures to put up this week. Maybe next week. Here's what the book said about baby developments this past week: "How big is baby this week? About 7 inches in length (think large banana) and almost 11 ounces in weight. And talking about bananas, you might want to eat some this week if you'd like your baby to have a taste for them. Some carrots, too. That's because amniotic fluid differs from day to day and depending on what you've eaten (hot chili one day, sweet banana the other), and now that yuor baby is swallowing amniotic fluid each day (for hydration, nutrition, and also to get practice swallowing and digesting), he or she will be getting a taste of- and a taste for- whatever's on your menu. Here's another baby update: Arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. Which means that when your baby makes his or her moves (which you're probably feeling by now), they're much more coordinated- no more jerky twitches."

Thank you for all of your prayers. God hears them!! :) Let us know if there is anything you need us to pray for. God bless you!

No comments: