Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Big Changes for the Moses Family

We found out last week that Chris is being called up to serve in Iraq. He is not being deployed with his unit in San Antonio, but is being attached to a unit in Maryland, the 203rd Military Intelligence Battalion, for this particular mission. September 19th he leaves for Maryland to partake in preparations with the 203rd. October 4th he will be at Fort Huachuca in Arizona for a Joint Weapons Intelligence Course. He will be there until sometime in December. Early January he will go to Ft. Dix in New Jersey to finish training with the 203rd and sometime in the Spring they will go to Iraq until next October. He will be part of a 5 person Weapons Intelligence Team that will basically be like CSI: Baghdad. When an IED is used or disarmed (and most importantly after the area has been secured) they are called in to get whatever information they can. Chris' job will be to look at the electronics (or what is left of the electronics) and figure out how the bomb was made/used/set off. They will take the information they find and use it to help prevent roadside bombs, etc. from being used against us in the future. We are thankful that his job should be fairly safe and that he will be able to help save a lot of lives. We are also thankful that he is being sent to Iraq and not Afghanistan. He will also be able to come home for Thanksgiving, most likely Christmas, and the 203rd pays for me and the kids to come visit him in Maryland before they leave.

Benjamin, baby girl, and I will be living with my parents in New Braunfels. We will be able to Skype with Chris when he is away. We are hoping and praying that Chris will be able to get a few days off to come home around little one's due date. I can't imagine giving birth without him beside me. He is the best husband and father and, next to Jesus, he is my rock. Please pray that everything will work out the way that God wants it to.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey - I know you said you will be living with your parents, but if you ever want to come stay with me, (for as long as you want, whenever you want) especially while he is in Maryland, I have a spare bedroom that is all yours and your babies, and I'd be happy to lend a helping hand when I'm not teaching.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Hey - Let me know if you need anything or ever just want to talk/rant/vent about deployments. I've been through two and I know a lot about how it goes and how you will probably be feeling. Take care!

Jenn