Thursday, July 30, 2009

Into Month 9

"Week 36: Weighing about 6 pounds and measuring somewhere around 20 inches tall, your baby is almost ready to be served up into your arms. Right now, most of baby's systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are just about equipped for life on the outside. Though the digestive system is ready to roll, too, it hasn't really gotten a workout yet. Remember, up until this point, your baby's nutrition has been arriving via the umbilical cord - no digestion necessary. But that's soon to change. As soon as baby takes his or her first suckle at your breast (or suck from the bottle), that digestive system will be jump-started - and those diapers will start filling." -What to Expect

I can definitely feel Bear packing on the pounds. My pregnant belly never really felt heavy until a little over a week ago. Now it's like somebody put rocks in my stomach. I am still hoping and praying that he will be only 6 or 7 pounds at birth. Of course, lately it seems like everybody has been hinting that they think he will go past his due date, so who knows what that will put his weight at. Bear may be a September baby! Which would be cool for him because he would be one of the first kids to celebrate his birthday during the school year. And cool for us because that means we have more time to get the apartment ready before his arrival.

Speaking of which, we are moving all of our stuff from storage into our new apartment this weekend! Well, I should say that Chris, Josh, Dana, my mom, and Scott are doing the moving. I will probably be supervising. :) I have already used our copy of the floor plan to map out where all the furniture should go. If I weren't pregnant I wouldn't worry about it and just rearrange the furniture however I want after it's all there. But since I'm not really allowed to do that I had to plan ahead of time. We are really excited about our new apartment and I will try to remember to take pictures to share with everybody.

Our doctor appt. went well on Monday. My blood pressure was much lower this time around. Thanks be to God! I was worried that it would keep going up and I would be put on bed rest, which would not be fun. Bear looked like he was doing well on the ultrasound. Now that he is bigger it's harder to tell which part of him we're looking at on the screen. I think he's going to have Chris' nose (and his "wavy black lines". haha!). I say that because when we look at his profile on the ultrasound I see a straight line coming out for the nose, whereas if he had my nose his profile would look more like a ski jump. Our next appt. is on Monday, my birthday! I'm turning 25! My birthday presents are seeing Bear at the doctor's office, Chris' first day of work, and a new apartment. Woohoo! Sounds good to me. :)

This past Saturday some of the girls from the Queen of Peace prayer group at the Mission of Divine Mercy threw us a shower. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed seeing them again. We played a few games and discovered that Sister Amapola is the queen of word scrambles and it takes 11 squares of toilet paper to go around the biggest part of my belly.

Well, I guess that is all for now, folks. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. God has answered so many of them already! Have a great weekend and talk to you again next week! God bless you!

1 comment:

Alvin said...

After baby is born, you going to try and keep the blog going so we can continue to experience his life? I mean we going to see him, but for the gaps in between this will be very nice and I can teach my parents how to view.