Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baby Face

"Week 38: hitting the growth charts at close to 7 pounds and the 20-inch mark (give or take an inch or two), your little one isn't so little anymore. In fact, baby's big enough for the big time- and the big day. With only two (or four, max) weeks left in untero, all systems are (almost) go. to finish getting ready for his or her close-up (and all those photo-ops), baby has a few last-minute details to take care of, like shedding that skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. And producing more surfactant, which will prevent the air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when your baby begins to breath- somethign he or she will be doing very soon. Baby will be here before you know it!" -What to Expect

Today is exactly two weeks until Bear's due date. We all have different ideas of when we think he will come (or when we want him to come). Our earliest prediction was for this Saturday so we will see what happens! Our apartment is all set up and put together so we are ready for him. We've decided to cut back on the weekend trips and won't be traveling unless it's to the doctor appointments. Labor bags and carseat are in the car. Dinners are in the freezer. Bring on the contractions!

The doctor appt. for this week was on Tuesday. My blood pressure was up again :( but other than that all was well. It was just me at the appt. since Chris was at work (he will be able to go with me to the rest of the appointments). I did get to see Bear on the ultrasound this time. He was wiggling his toes and the doctor gave me a picture of his face. Now, ultrasound pictures are not always the cutest pictures. It looks like he has a big round chin, chubby cheeks, and where his eyes are were just dark spots. I had wanted to post it at first because I was so excited to have a picture of his face. But Chris and I decided not to. Sorry, Grandmas. Maybe we'll pass it around in the hospital. :)

The next appointment is Tuesday (unless Bear comes before then). The doctor said he will start checking for dilation and effacement at that appt. Fun and exciting! Well, laundry and dishes are calling. Have a wonderful day!

P.S. I lost my birthday calendar in the move so if you want a birthday card from us just email, Facebook, or post your birthday on here and I will put you on my new calendar. :) I try to send out wedding anniversary cards, too, so you can let us know what those are if you want. And speaking of anniversaries, Chris and I had our 3 year anniversary yesterday! Yay!

3 comments:

Alvin said...

Please post some pics of the home and nursery

Kathy said...

ooo i want to see nursery photos too! And Im glad you have your bag packed...sam was three weeks early and I had JUST finished packing the bag the night before...you just never know! Happy Anniversary!
Kathy

the Mosi said...

Chris posted some pictures of our apartment and the baby's room on his Facebook, so you can see some on there. But I will try to remember to post some on here next week. Our camera is currently packed with the labor bag. :) I'm hoping that since everything is ready Bear will decide to come early instead of late! Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :)