Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Final Showdown

Surprise! Bear will be here on Friday! At my doctor appt. this past Tuesday we found out that I was already 3-4 centimeters dilated (we were so surprised!). Since I have gestational hypertension the doctor said we would need to induce. They don't want to let me go too long without having the baby because that could increase the chances of pre-eclampsia developing and that would not be a good situation for me or Bear. So Thursday evening we will stay with Josh and Dana and Friday morning we have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. They will hook me up to an IV and a continual external monitor, then induce! I keep going back and forth between excitement that Bear will be here and panic that something won't work out. I need to tattoo "Jesus I Trust in You" to my hand. My mind has been all over the place since yesterday's appt. This morning I cleaned house, did laundry, repacked the labor bags, washed Bear's stuffed animals, and found a pediatrician. I don't think there is anything else that I can do to get ready! Despite the circumstances I am thankful to know when Bear will be here and to be able to prepare more thoroughly. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. And Chris has been awesome. He is so solid, strong, and faithful! He's going to be such a great dad. He went grocery shopping with me yesterday and we bought what feels like a ton of food. We should be set on dinners for the next two weeks, at least!

Here is the last in utero update: "Week 39: Not much to report this week, at least in the height and weight department. Fortunately for you and your overstretched skin (and aching back), baby's growth has slowed down- or even taken a hiatus until after delivery. On average, a baby this week still weighs in at around 7 or 8 pounds and measures up at 19 to 21 inches (though yours may be a little bigger or smaller). Still, progress is being made in some other areas, especially baby's brain, which is growing and developing up a storm (at a rapid pace that will continue during the first three years of life). What's more, your baby's pink skin has turned white or whitish (no matter what skin your baby will ultimately be in, since pigmentation doesn't occur until soon after birth). A development that you may have noticed by now if this is your first pregnancy: Baby's head might have dropped into your pelvis. This change of baby's locale might make for easier breathing (and less heartburn), but could also make it harder for you to walk (make that to waddle)." -What to Expect

We look forward to having visitors while we are at the hospital. We just ask that you give Chris a call ahead of time and be prepared to wash your hands before holding Bear. And speaking of visitors, we had a housefull this past Sunday! Tina, Lawrence, the boys, Ashley, Granny, Raymond, Dana, Josh, Katie, Patsy and John all came by to see us. It was so nice to have a housefull because we've been used to living with other people for about a year now and Saturday had been a very quiet and uneventful day.

Well, I think that's all for now. Please keep us in your prayers!!! I don't know how soon I will post on here again, but you can check Facebook for any pictures that Chris may post. Thanks for all of your love and support. God bless you!

1 comment:

Jana & Widmar said...

0701HURRAY! Everything will be great dont you worry. Praying for you and baby bear! So excited for you! can't wait to see pics