Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Joys of June

This past week: "Week 28- This week, your amazing baby has reached 2 1/2 pounds and may be almost 16 inches long.  Baby's skill of the week: blinking.  Yes, along with the other tricks in a growing repertoire that already includes coughing, sucking, hiccupping, and taking practice breaths, your baby can now blink those sweet little eyes.  Dreaming about your baby?  Baby may be dreaming about you, too, courtesy of the REM (rapid eye movement) sleep he or she has started getting.  But this little dreamer isn't ready for birth day just yet.  Though his or her lungs are nearly fully mature by now (making it easier for your baby- and you- to breathe a little easier if he or she were born now), your baby still has a lot of growing to do." -What to Expect

So here we are, into the 3rd trimester and the book is telling me that Bear and I will be getting even bigger!! Augh!  I am getting to the point where I don't realize how big I am and I keep running into things or trying to walk through spaces that I used to fit through but can't anymore.  I get stopped short whenever I go to give Chris a hug.  Soon we're going to have to resort to side hugs and arm-length pats.  

Now that the weather is getting much warmer and I have a maternity swimsuit (no Shamu jokes, please) I have been alternating my days between walking and swimming for exercise.  It feels weird to be immersed in water with a huge belly.  Bear is slightly bouyant, I think.  

We've been having fun predicting different things about the birth.  I am predicting (and praying) that Bear will only be about 6 pounds, super cute, and a sweet boy.  Chris is predicting 10 lbs., a cone head, and a super star jock. A friend of ours predicted that Bear will come on August 15th, which I am totally cool with. Earlier than the end of August but not too early. 

We have started asking St. Gerard Majella to intercede for us.  He is the patron saint of expectant mothers, so I guess we're asking more of an intercession for me than for Chris. Haha! 

Bear is definitely getting taller.  The other day I felt his head pushing out right under my sternum and he was kicking me in my lower abdomen at the same time.  I guess he's enjoying himself.  

We have a doctor appt. tomorrow.  Again, nothing out of the ordinary as far as OB appts. go.  We'll update you next week and maybe we'll have some pictures then, too. Thanks for all the love and prayers! God bless you!

No comments: