Thursday, June 11, 2009

Smarter than your average Bear

Hello everyone! Hope you're doing well. It feels like this past week has flown by! Last Friday we had our monthly doctor appt. and all went well. I had my blood sugar tested and they said they would call if anything was abnormal. So I'm guessing everything is fine since they haven't called me yet. After that we spent the weekend with our friends the Bartletts playing games and being entertained by their little girl. Then we spent Sunday through Wednesday with Chris' cousin and her family helping them with one of their projects and entertaining little miss Katelyn Pearl.

Tuesday night was our first "Prepared Childbirth Class". We got to watch Bill Cosby talk about childbirth and then we got to watch a real life childbirth. That was interesting. When it was over I believe I turned to Chris and whispered "holy crap!". The good thing is it didn't scare me away from still wanting to have a natural childbirth. I am actually more motivated to have one now. I think seeing an actual childbirth helped because now I can more accurately visualize myself going through labor and delivery. Oh! And I felt my first Braxton-Hicks contraction this week. It was prety neat. I've read all about them so when it happened I thought "So that's what it feels like. Exactly how they say".

Bear is still growing. I love feeling him move around. It's pretty funny sometimes. He doesn't follow the standard moving around after I eat. He prefers to move around early in the morning or late at night. Or when I get up in the night to go to the bathroom. Hopefully this isn't a pattern for post-birth. And he is definitely getting heavier. Everybody pray for no more than 7 1/2 pounds!!!

"Week 29: Your baby can be as tall as 17 inches now and can weigh nearly 3 pounds. Though already coming pretty close (within 3 inches or so) of his or her ultimate birth length, baby still has lots to gain. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, your baby more than doubles- and may even come close to tripling- his or her weight. Much of that weight will come from the fat accumulating under his or her skin right now. And as your baby plumps up, the room in your womb will start to feel a little cramped, making it less likely that you'll feel hard kicks from your little one, and more likely that you'll be feeling jabs and pokes from elbows and knees." -What to Expect

P.S. I don't have a picture again this week, but just picture huge. :)
P.P.S. Happy *0th Birthday, Dad!!!

1 comment:

Edward Antoine said...

I have had plenty of happy birthdays; looking forward to the family's new baby birthday!!!