Thursday, June 18, 2009

We've Reached the 30's!!!

I can't believe we are 30 weeks! That always seemed so far into the future and now it's here! Bear has definitely been growing. I can feel his whole back pushing out on my stomach now. And he gets the hiccups quite often. It's pretty cute. I love feeling him move around! This is what he has been up to this past week:

"What's 17 inches long, just over 3 pounds in weight, and cute all over? It's your baby- and he or she is getting bigger by the day (in case you couldn't tell from the size of your belly). Also getting bigger daily is baby's brain, which is preparing for life outside the womb- and for a lifetime of learning. Starting this week, your baby's brain is starting to look like one, taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. These wrinkles allow for future expansion of brain tissue that is crucial as your baby goes from helpless newborn to responsive infant to verbal toddler to curious preschooler and beyond. Your baby's bigger and better brain is also starting to take on tasks previously delegated to other parts of the body, like temperature regulation. Now that the brain is capable of turning up the heat (with the help of that growing supply of baby fat), your baby will start shedding lanugo, the downy, soft body hair that has been keeping him or her warm up to this point. Which means that by the time your baby is born, he or she probably won't be fuzzy wuzzy anymore." - What to Expect

So I guess I need to start eating my brain food.

My mom went with me to birthing class this past week since Chris was out of town. We learned about relaxation techniques which was very helpful. As I was telling Chris about it all last night he requested flash cards because he didn't think he would remember everything. There is quite a bit to remember! We also had to practice breathing which I felt kind of silly doing but I'm sure it was important to learn about so that I won't hyperventilate during labor. At one point they were telling us that during the active stage of labor hormones are released to help your body cope with the pain. Mom whispers in my ear, "Not enough". Hahaha!

Not a whole lot more to share right now. Please keep us in your prayers!! We have a whole lot up in the air and we are praying the it will all happen in God's perfect timing and that we can trust in Him!

No comments: